Graphic cards? ok ok,tell me this now.............

lodger 21:02 13 Jul 04

The guy in the shop said the card would work fine in my system....it's a pci card, so I installed it in a pci slot, after deleting and removing old card, but got just multibeeps, no display at all...so had to reinstall old card...I took new card back to shop, the guy said that he could make it work in my pc, but he didnt say how, just that i would have to pay !.....So, what gives? surely a compatible card will work when it's installed, and one does not have to be an expert to install it, so what did i do wrong? it's driving me crazy....... any ideas welcomed

stalion 21:04 13 Jul 04

can you give some details of your computer spec please

teknikz 21:04 13 Jul 04

theres no way id pay to get it installed......im wondering if its faulty.....have u got onboard graphics on ur motherboard? if so id out the new card in.....use the onboard til u can install it....then try swappin ur monitor cable to the new card

lodger 21:13 13 Jul 04

pentium 233 mmx..socket 7....win98 se 128 mb edo ram 6GB free on hd......3 free pci slots......new card is modern, recommends 300 mhz minimum.....shop says it will work with 133 mhz, but wont say why it wont install......is there any way that my 233 mhz is just too slow, and could be stopping the installation? or should i still get some display, no matter how slow my cpu is?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017