Graphic Card Problem?

Parsley 21:53 13 Mar 03

I recently upgraded the Graphics card in my sons computer to a Mercury GEforce 2MX 64Mb. He seems happy enough with the results when he's playing games and I've had to patch one due to the Nvidia chip (known problem).

But you know Dad's.....

When copying files in explorer I noticed that the piece of paper traversing between the two file icons left a trail of white marks. Then when the mouse moves over a file icon the file appears to move and the file name letters seem to partially blur together. I have downloaded the latest Nvidia driver from Nvidia and Mercury. Uninstalled and reinstalled the card and drivers to no effect. The old 8Mb ATI worked fine when put back in.

Jetway 663AS Mobo (latest bios), Athlon 1300, 60Gb HD, 384Mb mem.

This is the first Nvidia powered card I've used and up to know am not impressed with the problems such a well known chip appears to cause to various games (judging by the patches for Nvidia on sites).

Any suggestions or is it a duff card? Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…