Graphic Card Problem

recap 19:40 26 Oct 04

On boot up of an XP Pro machine (Tiny, Radeon 9700, 3Ghz pentium 4, 1024 DDR Ram) a message comes up stating that "the ATI Control Panel Driver is not running".

I have looked at the properties of the card and found that the drivers are all there, but they are from 2001. I have tried to download the latest driver but it fails to install stating, "install the standard VGA driver first".

There are no conflicts in Control Panel.

My question is this: "Where do I get a standard VGA driver from"? I have looked on download.com.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:01 26 Oct 04

Standard VGA driver is included in XP

recap 20:09 26 Oct 04

Thanks Fruit Bat /\0/\, will take a look on the XP CD.

recap 09:12 27 Oct 04

After a further hour or so checking the system over,I had thought of opening it up and reseating the card but as it is only 3 months old I recommended that the system be sent back to Tiny.

georgemac 10:12 27 Oct 04

try removing the card in device manager, windows should then boot with the standard vga driver installed, just cancel when it detects new hardware and install the ati drivers yourself.

PsiFox 10:24 27 Oct 04

Download this ATI CAT. remover tool

click here

Then install updated derivers.

PsiFox

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…