Graphic card overclocking

nar 15:45 07 Jul 03

I have a Radeon 9000 64mb card and read recently that it is possible to overclock it how would i go about doing this? i have a MIS m/board.

cheers for looking!

Bad Dad 15:59 07 Jul 03

Usually hidden in the depths of the Driver disc there will be an overclocking utility. This will do the stuff for you and probably warn you of the consequencies of pushing it too far. There certainly is with MSI and 3D Power cards. I would imagine the same will be true with Radeon. To be honest though you might not notice a great deal of difference in frame rates. Nice though a 9000 64mb is you may need to upgrade to get the frame rate you want. Also of importance is the version of Direct X supported. Your card might even be just Direct X7 in which case you'll miss a fair deal of graphic goodies. Frame rate isn't everything. Over 30fps is just bragging!!!

DieSse 16:01 07 Jul 03

Try putting ... radeon 9000 overclocking ... into a Google search, and it will give you many links on the subject.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…