Graphic Card Install No Go. Help

ulrich 19:15 23 Nov 04

No matter what I do I cannot install my new Graphics Card. I have uninstalled old, the new card is recognised Leadtek FX5900XT, but the dvrs won't install, it asks for different bits, no matter what happens I end up with an invalid install. I've down loaded dvrs from Nvidia. My system is Win XP, 400w PSU, 512 ram, big hd,ASUS A7V333 latest dvrs. My old card a Leadtek GF4200, which I can uninstall and reinstall with ease. So please where am I going wrong. I also got a message of a Code 1 problem, I don't know what this is.

georgemac 19:32 23 Nov 04

are the drivers not the same for all nvidea cards? from click here so I do not understand why you are uninstalling then reinstalling drivers?

ulrich 19:50 23 Nov 04

I see where you going, I have tried so many things I'm not sure if I thought of that, I did want to do a fresh install. The other message I get is The device is not configured properly.(Code 1). The 66.93 dvrs I have on a disc I downloaded but the same answer. I will install again.

georgemac 20:03 23 Nov 04

I would put back in the 4200 & reinstall the 66.93 drivers

if it is all running correctly, go to device manager and remove the 4200 (delete it) in device manager

I would then power down, fit the fx5600 remebring to fit the 4 pin power cable to the card

boot up, ket windows find the new hardware and install it automatically

good luck - time for footy

ulrich 22:21 23 Nov 04

I was eventually able to install my old card with much problems. Now when I go to uninstall it it says it will uninstall all the drivers, and I don't really feel like spending all night trying to install it again. I really need to know why it can't find the drivers. Thanks Georgemac. I think my posting is now in the depths so I will click resolved and start again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…