graphic card install?

suzzieQ 15:33 07 Feb 09

when i install a new graphic card do i uninstall the nvidia gart driver ( the driver that came in the pc) before i install the new card and driver?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:58 07 Feb 09

What type new card another nvidea if so no, if new card is ati then yes.

suzzieQ 23:51 07 Feb 09

im installing a pny nvidea geforce 6200 pci card. So i don't uninstall the original driver,correct?
If not, Do i need to install the geforce 6200 driver?

mrwoowoo 00:34 08 Feb 09

As Fruit Bat /\0/\ says,as it is also an Nvidia card just install the driver over the top of the old one.No need to uninstall anything.
The driver that came with your card will not be the latest version,so better to download the newest driver from the Nvidia website.

gazzaho 03:59 08 Feb 09

I would recommend downloading the latest drivers click here first, create a folder on your desktop and save the file in it, then I would uninstall the drivers already on the machine and reboot, it will boot with Windows default drivers and may run at low resolution, perhaps 800x600 that's normal. Shut down the machine, change the card then power on, if the card installation went well then it should reboot to the 800x600 resolution as before, open the folder with the drivers and run the program to install the new drivers.

I've found that through using Revo Uninstaller that NVIDIA drivers uninstall cleanly leaving no errant registry entries and I know this may be a long winded way to do it considering both cards are NVIDIA but I believe it less likely to go wrong doing it this way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…