Is the graphic card I'm getting good enough?

iConnorrr 17:56 PM 30 Apr 13

Hi, I'm building my own gaming rig and I've only been researching gaming computers for about a week so I know basically nothing. Basically I just wanted to double check something, the main game I'm going to play is probably DayZ and wanted to check that my graphic card is good enough?

I have look at the recommended graphic card for Dayz and it is a Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM.

The graphic card I am getting is a Palit GTX 670 2GB GDDR5 DisplayPort HDMI Dual DVI PCI-E Graphics Card (http://www.ebuyer.com/367979-palit-geforce-gtx-670-2gb-gddr5-displayport-hdmi-dual-dvi-pci-e-graphics-ne5x67001042-1042f).

Is this a good enough graphic card to run Dayz?

Ian in Northampton 08:46 AM 01 May 13

The GTX670 is a significantly better card than the recommended GTX260 or HD5770, so should give you a very good Dayz experience (and give you the headroom to migrate to even more graphically demanding games in the future).

Chronos the 2nd 11:42 AM 01 May 13

Yes,it is a great GPU.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites