Graphic Card Help

Teddy Jeff 14:28 16 May 11

I have just bought a small camcorder that records video in HD but my computer will not run the HD files do I require another Graphic card? The computer has a Asus P5G41T-MLX2/GB Motherboard with a 3.20 Gh Inter Pentium Dual-Core 64Kb Primary Memory Cache 64 Bit ready Processor.4Gb of ram is fitted. I am not into graphic cards so I would be greatful for any help anyone can give me on what to buy.

gengiscant 15:43 16 May 11

Download and run this Belarc it will tell you what graphics card you have, then post back.

Teddy Jeff 16:57 16 May 11

Thanks Gengiscant This is what is printed in Belarc Adcisor

Display

Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset (display Adapter)

gengiscant 17:55 16 May 11

If this is your motherboard Mobo and Belarc is showing what you have posted then it looks as though you have not got a separate graphics card and you are using the on-board graphics. So the question is how much do you have to spend as you will need to buy a card. If your not a gamer then something like this will do Graphics or this graphics but there are plenty of others, it depends on what you want to pay etc.

Teddy Jeff 17:33 17 May 11

Thank you gengiscant I will order a card now, are they easy to fit?

regards

Ted

gengiscant 17:53 17 May 11

Yes very simple, have a look here.How to Your motherboard manual will help you can get that here manual

Teddy Jeff 18:50 18 May 11

gengiscant Thank you very much for all your help I am waiting delivery of a graphic card and I have watched the two links you give me and it looks easy to fit the card. Best regards

Ted

gengiscant 18:54 18 May 11

If you have any problems do not hesitate to ask, it will probably look a little daunting the first time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…