Graphic Card Help

Teddy Jeff 14:28 PM 16 May 11

I have just bought a small camcorder that records video in HD but my computer will not run the HD files do I require another Graphic card? The computer has a Asus P5G41T-MLX2/GB Motherboard with a 3.20 Gh Inter Pentium Dual-Core 64Kb Primary Memory Cache 64 Bit ready Processor.4Gb of ram is fitted. I am not into graphic cards so I would be greatful for any help anyone can give me on what to buy.

gengiscant 15:43 PM 16 May 11

Download and run this Belarc it will tell you what graphics card you have, then post back.

Teddy Jeff 16:57 PM 16 May 11

Thanks Gengiscant This is what is printed in Belarc Adcisor

Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset (display Adapter)

gengiscant 17:55 PM 16 May 11

If this is your motherboard Mobo and Belarc is showing what you have posted then it looks as though you have not got a separate graphics card and you are using the on-board graphics. So the question is how much do you have to spend as you will need to buy a card. If your not a gamer then something like this will do Graphics or this graphics but there are plenty of others, it depends on what you want to pay etc.

Teddy Jeff 17:33 PM 17 May 11

Thank you gengiscant I will order a card now, are they easy to fit?

gengiscant 17:53 PM 17 May 11

Yes very simple, have a look here.How to Your motherboard manual will help you can get that here manual

Teddy Jeff 18:50 PM 18 May 11

gengiscant Thank you very much for all your help I am waiting delivery of a graphic card and I have watched the two links you give me and it looks easy to fit the card. Best regards

gengiscant 18:54 PM 18 May 11

If you have any problems do not hesitate to ask, it will probably look a little daunting the first time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016