graphic card driver

swanny2 20:14 17 Dec 05

hi there .
this pc ive bought i was told that i need too get the right driver for this,NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 (Microsoft Corporation) [Display adapter]
can any 1 tell me if its possible too get it of the internet ,if so where do i go.
cheers .
Swanny :O)

bremner 20:15 17 Dec 05

Try here click here

Diodorus Siculus 20:16 17 Dec 05

Driver Page
click here

swanny2 20:55 17 Dec 05

thanks . i have been there an downloaded the software for my graphic card,But it says after completion ,The NVIDIA set up program could not locate any drivers,that are compatable with your current Hardware.Set up will exit..
Ive no idea what that means ,anyhelp please .
cheers ..

iscanut2 21:05 17 Dec 05

Did you uninstall the old driver before updating. You need to do this via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel. You also normally need to deactivate any Anti Virus program whilst updating. I don't know if this helps at all !

swanny2 21:34 17 Dec 05

ta mate .but theres nothing in add/remove about nvidia or drivers? an no i just uploaded it .
cheers

DieSse 22:35 17 Dec 05

Don't worry about the uninstall - over the past many years with nvidia cards, I've updated my drivers without ever uninstalling the old ones - and without ever having a problem.

Just download the correct driver - disable the AV and run the download - it should install itself.

Skyver 23:28 17 Dec 05

From previous experience it seems some older cards only support drivers up to 66.xx, try looking in the driver archives for 66.93/4 or something similar. Admittedly this has happened with a few very old cards (TNT2 etc) but may help.

swanny2 21:52 18 Dec 05

ta all. imnotsure what i need too downloadfor the card ihave in ..GeForce4 Ti 4200
theres a few there an im not sure .

cheers
Swanny . :O)

DieSse 22:17 18 Dec 05

No - if you select through the three boxes - there's only one (assuming Windows XP). click here

Read the driver installation hints first.

Totally-braindead 08:57 19 Dec 05

To explain Nvidia now does one driver for all Nvidia cards, all you have to do is download the driver for your operating system. If you have WIndows 98 you download that driver if you use Windows XP you download that one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…