graphic card causing re-boot

caroom 17:34 05 Aug 03

I have a nvidia tornado geforce 2 mx pci graphic card with 64 mb. I installed the card into my machine, my motherboard is a micro atx mainboard ms-6378, i'm using windows xp with service pack 1. When i install the drivers for the card, the computer would on occation reset its self, when i'm on the net or doing something with graphics. i search the net for update drivers which i got from nvidia, but it still did the same. I also used msi live monitor, which look for drivers for my motherboard, and it found a graphic card driver for my board, but still no luck. I have uninstall the drivers to stop the computer resetting, but i would like to use the card to its full. Has anybody go any idea i would be very grateful

Rayuk 18:38 05 Aug 03

Have you checked what irq it is using in Device Manager.If it is conflicting with another component that could be part of the problem.
Have you altered the setting in the bios from agp to pci.

Terrahawk 18:49 05 Aug 03

have you disabled the onboard graphics this may cause a conflict

dfghjkl 19:50 05 Aug 03

i had similar prob with ms 8308e mobo,have you got the manual?if not you can get it free from website,this will tell you how your bios should be set,i think it is under "pci plug &play setup"also disable onboard graphics in device manager.should be ok then

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…