graphic card

edee66 14:56 23 Nov 03

I have a (dated) PentiumII 333MHz PC and wish to upgrade from the (integrated) grahics. Apart from upgrading the memory once and changing to a TFT monitor it is as when I purchased it in 98.

I can only accomodate SDRAM. Something cheap preferred. I don't play games on the it by the way.

thanks
edee

Gongoozler 15:02 23 Nov 03

edee66, does you motherboard have an AGP slot or does it only have PCI?

Gongoozler 16:29 23 Nov 03

For good performance but not the ultimate for game playing I like the GForce 2 MX 400 64MB range such as this one from Dabs at £25 click here. If you don't have an AGP slot, then there is a PCI version but it is quite a lot more expensive at £40 click here both have 64M ram which will lighten the load on your processor ram.

howard60 17:16 23 Nov 03

will be whether or not you can switch off the onboard graphics. If you have the mobo manual you can look it up if not go to the mobo manufacturers site and download the manual. If the mobo does not support switching it off forget it and wait until you change your pc.

edee66 11:00 24 Nov 03

Thanks for the advice gentlemen I will check these out and post the results.

edee

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…