Grainy photos when printing

bamfiesler 09:13 26 Jan 05

Ok, this is nothing serious, but if anyone can offer adice, I'm grateful.

Pix taken on a SLR camera recently looks great when I'm viewing them in Photoshop, and they print ok on 6 x 4 size paper, via a new Hewlett-Packard HP7450 printer. If I go up to A4, they're grainy as heck (even some of the digi-ones)! I've tried dicking about with resolution sizes, and keeping the file size to around 1-1.3M. I get the same results with the HP software.

I'm still finding my way around Photoshop and PC printing, so any help is appreciated.

Sans le Sou 09:19 26 Jan 05

What grade of paper are you using?

bamfiesler 09:25 26 Jan 05

HP photopaper, but not the full gloss. The pix look like they have noise/distortion all over them at A4 size.

Bellboy 09:38 26 Jan 05

Try setting the resolution, in photoshop, to the max res which your printer will produce. Then print at that setting.
That should be the best print that you can produce with that image, but if you start with a low res, it may not be too good.

Complicated subject.

PC Advisor have had articles on this which you might find in the archives.

anchor 09:38 26 Jan 05

I came across this one review of this printer in a Mac magazine. In the conclusion is said:

"Photo quality was disappointing for a six-ink printer, with a surprising amount of visible grain".

click here

bamfiesler 09:42 26 Jan 05

anchor,

yeah I've just read the same in PCA!!! Sh**!

Great: that's what I get for not doing my homework :-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…