Grainy Desktop Icons

paradiddle1984 18:30 22 Apr 03

OK, today i installed sum of all fears onto my system. i have done this before with no bad things happening, since I did it today, the icons on my desktop have been really grainy like they are being powered with a really old gfx card. Ie instead of icons having the impression of shaded areas, you can see where the darker colour starts against the lighter colour quite clearly. this is only affecting my icons and the my shared folder for kazaa is just a white outline of the icon. i have looked at my properties and iam still in truecolour mode. i thought it might be an issue with my gfx card even though it has been fine up until now. I am using a 32mb prophet, i put in the corresponding disc and found i had some gfx enhancement software with it. So i put this in as well but this asked me to calibrate it by altering the brightness etc of my monitor. After that now i cant get any richness to my colours either, i have deleted that programme but it is still the same and i have twiddled with the monitor settings as well. Somebody please help

-pops- 18:43 22 Apr 03

What is your operating system? If XP or Me, you could try a system restore to before this happened.

Brian

paradiddle1984 18:45 22 Apr 03

win2000nt

-pops- 18:48 22 Apr 03

Oh! don't know anything about that system. I don't know anything more about your problem either, just thought that a restore may get you out of a fix.

I'm sure someone will be along soon who will be able to sort it out for you.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…