grainy desktop

Cesare 06:59 08 Aug 07

Yesterday is was sharpe. Today I switch on and the desktop is not sharpe and slightly on the grainy side. I restarted hoping it might improve but no joy. The Nvidia driver is on Standard not 3D. Any ideas please ?

Technotiger 07:27 08 Aug 07

Right-click on clear area of desktop, then on Properties and then on Settings, make sure Colour quality is set at Highest (32Bit).

Cesare 07:40 08 Aug 07

It is set at 32Bit

PP321 07:49 08 Aug 07

Hi,

Is it LCD or CRT ?

download this monitor tester and report the results.

click here

Technotiger 07:49 08 Aug 07

The following is from another Forum in answer to the same question ...

Try one of these,see if it helps ...

Method 1
To enable the Active Desktop, right-click an empty area on the desktop, point to Active Desktop, and then click View As Web Page to add a check mark.

To disable the Active Desktop, right-click an empty area on the desktop, point to Active Desktop, and then click View As Web Page to clear the check mark.

Method 2
1. Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Display.
2. To enable the Active Desktop, click the Web tab, click the "View my Active Desktop as a web page" check box to select it, and then click OK.

To disable the Active Desktop, click the Web tab, click the "View my Active Desktop as a web page" check box to clear it, and then click OK.

Method 3
1. Double-click My Computer, and then click Folder Options on the View menu.
2. To enable the Active Desktop, click Web Style on the General tab, and then click OK.

To disable the Active Desktop, click Classic Style on the General tab, and then click OK.

Cesare 08:45 08 Aug 07

PP321....That site you suggested was listed as RED by McAfee Site Advisor.
Technotiger...Tks. It improved.

Technotiger 09:22 08 Aug 07

Grreat, hope it remains OK now.

a word of warning about winsite.com
click here

yep, be wary of what you download from winsite
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…