Up graded to DVDRW and XP, now wont play dvd's???

Pablothehat 20:26 01 Feb 04

Hi, I've just had a few up grades to the pc, 1200 meg memory, new 80 gig hard drive, 5.1 sound card and speakers, and a DVD RW. I have just tried to watch a dvd and I get this error message unable to load due to digital copy protection. Also when I am using DVD-DivX I get this error message ASPI not available. All of these things didnt occur under 98se and with my old dvd rom. Anyone got any ideas? Thanx Pablo

Mike ® 20:35 01 Feb 04

click here ASPI download.

Copy protection error, do you have tv out enabled?

I have had this error with power dvd, never did find out why, installed different dvd playere then was fine.

Rtus 20:38 01 Feb 04

Try moving the sound card up or down a PCI slot. It may help Did you remove the original DVD software ?

Pablothehat 21:31 01 Feb 04

i'm just downloading the ASPI now Mike, I dont appear to have tv out enabled, but i am still getting use to xp. there was no old software on the new hard drive Rtus, i an trying to use MP9xp and Realplayer. I have just tried to run DVD-DivX since installing the driver and now I am recieving these auth.dll Cannot authenticate drive drive maybe not locked and unable to read from F:\VIDEO_TS\vts_01.vob and MPEG2Dec: error during decoder intialsation?????????

Rtus 22:13 01 Feb 04

Can I assume then that you added drivers when asked during setup of Xp? Can you look at each DVD software/Video card / & check its instalation notes .You may find you have to cancel the request for drivers, then put driver Cd into drive and auto run installation from there ,and all should then go well.it may be neccasary to remove each item from Control panel> System,device list first.

Pablothehat 23:28 01 Feb 04

I didn't do the upgrade the pc shop did. I've check the dvd on the device manager and it says it is fine???? Still carnt get it to go. The girlfriend will be losing her rag soon!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…