Grabbing an AVG Anti-Virus Screenshot

Mike2002 22:28 10 Mar 04

Does anyone know of a program that can grab the 'Virus Alert' full-screen warning message
that AVG displays when it detects a virus.
Pressing the Print Screen key has no effect; after the warning has gone, there is nothing in the Clipboard. Maybe AVG prevents any processes or programs from running.

Diodorus Siculus 22:33 10 Mar 04

click here for one that should do it for you.

Mike2002 22:39 10 Mar 04

WOW - That was a quick response!
I've downloaded the program - now all I have to do is wait for AVG to warn me of the next Virus!
I'll have to view some 'dodgy' sites to speed up the process (LOL).

Diodorus Siculus 22:40 10 Mar 04

5 minutes - a "slow" response compared to most here... :-}

Mike2002 23:33 10 Mar 04

The 'Screenshot Utility' program didn't work I'm afraid. "Already?" I hear you ask. Yep, I know the dodgy sites that bombard you with popups and forced downloads, saying "you MUST click 'yes' to this to continue." Rollocks, you're not getting the better of me!
Mind you, the system gets swamped by all this, and you're forced to cut the connection so you can sort yourself out. A big cheer for AVG AntiVirus Free Edition.
But it's back to the drawing board for that screengrab - next contestant please.

woodchip 23:41 10 Mar 04

Just press "Print Screen key", then paste into a photo edit program to crop the screen

The Spires 00:23 11 Mar 04

I can only wonder what sites you visit.

woodchip 00:29 11 Mar 04

Now that's a thought

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 00:46 11 Mar 04

click here

I use this for game screen shots but it does most anythin on screen.

Regards.

stlucia 08:51 11 Mar 04

The "print scrn" key doesn't do it for me -- I have to press CTRL-Print scrn or ALT-Print scrn to get an screen image onto the clipboard.

Jim Suter 09:40 11 Mar 04

I use the Print Screen button on the keyboard. It copies the screen into the clipboard from whereyou can paste it into a graphics package or Word. Failing that I have used PrintKey Pro click here which is more flexible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…