//some 3rd party need geo

GPU cooling fan failure

Sie1 13:02 30 Jul 03

I have an Inno3D Geforce 4 Ti4200 graphics card. The cooling fan has just failed, a common problem apparently.

I have removed the fan from the heat sink, which is still in place.

The fan has totally had it. I would prefer to replace just the fan rather than mess around changing the heat sink etc.

Does anyone know where I can get a spare one from ?

If I cant get a fan to fit this particular heat sink, what is the cheapest aftermarket fan/heat sink assembly that I can get and where from

john-232317 13:06 30 Jul 03

Try a search on google.

The Transporter 13:23 30 Jul 03
  Kudu 13:31 30 Jul 03

Subject has come up several times but never seen it resolved.This is oneclick here I fitted a Zalman silent heat pipe cooler which it said would work with Gforce 4 ti 4600. Card got that hot at times i lost my mouse cursor and picture froze.Had to fit fan to blow air on heatsink.Works fine now.

Sie1 14:36 03 Aug 03

Emailed graphics card manufacturer about the problem. They are posting me a new fan and its FREE.

This is a good thing as my wife reckons that I'm quite tight.

Thanks to all those that replied.

Sie

Sie1 23:32 06 Aug 03

My fan arrived this morning via air mail. I have fitted it to the heat sink without problem and will try it in my system later this week.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…