gps phone software

vitation 00:58 28 Apr 06

Hey guys

I need some information and i hope you will be able to help me ...Recently my job is connected with lots of travelling ,so i need a worldwide GPS system ..A friend advised me not to buy TomTom ,because it has some connectivity problems in Europe ,and also told me to try some rookies on the market ,which offer free try outs ...So i checked and the most popular one which i found is called NAV4ALL ..You can download it for free from their website ,which is pretty convinient..The only thing is i that i don`t know if it is safe to do this ..Has anybody checked it out ?Can you provide me with some sort of feedback?If not can you recommend me some other gps options?

Thank you!!!

Sonia_V 19:52 15 May 06

yeah.. i'm also considering nav4all and need some information about it..

john-232317 22:31 15 May 06
  alexia 01:20 27 May 06

I tried the software a couple of months ago ,as i was travelling across Europe and i needed something fast and for free..I think it is durable and quite simple to use ,but it lacks some of the features of TomTom for example ,mainly because of the quality of the maps...it could do better ,but i guess there is a link between unsatisfactory performanc and low cost..I hope they will improve it after it is not free ,because it worked well with my phone (nokia 6680)
Anyway ,as it is for free, i think it is worth at least checking it out..

vitation 00:49 04 Jun 06

10x for the info alexia ..:)

The detailness of the maps does not bother me tha much ,as anyways i need to use it mainly on highroads ..so i guess the 2d maps are satisfactory for me ..but tell me something more about the price of the on-going services -is it expencive to use it ?

anchor 15:21 04 Jun 06

This subject came up recently.

click here

The cost of the call will depend on your phone contract; might be expensive. Plus, (from August), the cost of using the service. In the USA this was estimated to be $0.50 per route; (likely to more in the UK; most things are). Don`t forget the cost of the GPS receiver, about 70 euros, and also check your mobile phone compatibility.

As regards TomTom connectivity problems in Europe; I have not found any; or seen any reported, at least in Western Europe; (don`t know about the rest).

A very good forum for SatNav is here;

click here

alexia 00:03 03 Jul 06

yeah , anchor is right -the price depends on your provider and the fees for the data transfer which it specifies ....and the gps receiver which u have to buy also ..i personally had luck and got one from i friend :P

Sonia_V 15:50 03 Jul 06

I also got the program and it seems that the traffic of nav4all is not that expensive. In addition you download only maps from a certain region [which you request] and thus you don't download maps you don't need.
But on the other hand i see what you mena by the low quality of the graphics of the maps. I hope this changes onse the software gets paid...

alexia 22:16 07 Jul 06

yeah ,i did not mention this -sonia_v is definitely right -u don`t need to download everything -just the piece of map which u need and therefore if u don`t need a big area this can really cut your data traffic costs.

vitation 22:43 10 Jul 06

and how much do u have to pay to the company for using there software? i tried to check the website and what it was writter that it is only 1 euro per month, but this seems pretty unrealistic

anchor 15:41 13 Jul 06

I have just returned from a 2600 mls touring holiday travelling over much of France, (plus a quick pop into Spain). At no time did I find any problems in getting a satellite fix on my TomTom 700.

I must also say that I would have been most unhappy to have only had a small screen, (like on a mobile phone). When coming to complicated junctions, a quick glance at the screen mapping was invaluable. SatNav on the highways was useful, but not essential. In the cities it was indispensable, especially in finding places of interest, and even our hotels.

Mobile phone navigation?; not for me!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…