GPRS over Bluetooth mobile

Fullywired 11:39 13 Jun 04

hi guys,
iv had a siemens s55 on o2 for quite some time now, and my GPRS has been free so far, i have just ordered a 100m class 1 bluetooth dngle and i was wondering if i can use this to get internet on my PC by using my S55 as a modem, but i am a little confused about how to set it up and how fast it will be, i have somehow done it using a datacable before but it was soo slow that i didnt bother, will bluetooth be any faster or will i be better off just using it as a sync tool for my mobile and pc?
help appriciated

Irishman 11:44 13 Jun 04

It will be the same speed as the datacable I would think. Can't help with the setting up of the phone as a modem as I only use bluetooth for synching.

Fullywired 12:03 13 Jun 04

i thought it would have been faster, i herd somewhere that GPRS was near 56k! and i forgot to mention that when i tried it on datacable i had to use CSD dial upbecause i could not find the GPRS settings for o2 on the GPRS config software, thanks anyway

Fullywired 13:48 13 Jun 04

refresh

ste_bla 14:02 13 Jun 04

GPRS UPSTREAM 14kbps ** DOWNSTREAM 28-56kbps

Fullywired 16:18 13 Jun 04

well thats not a bad speed to run on a PC, anyone know how to set it up, although i suppose this is the wrong place to ask really
thanks alot

Fullywired 18:24 24 Jun 04

hi guys,
i got my bluetooth dongle and im working on a basic 9.6kbps dial-up provided by my o2 mobile phone, however.

Fullywired 18:38 24 Jun 04

hi guys,
i have set up my bluetooth dongle and im currently running on a very slow 9.6kbps connection, however.
on installation i have autoimatically aquired a bluetooth LAN connection and omn startup it connects and i get the windows XP speech bubble saying "bluetooth network is now connected, speed: 700.0 kbps" but what can i use this for? i cannot use it to access the internet at the moment although if it is possible i would like no know how to do this, also, if i right click on the connection and click repair eventually a box pops up saying "the following steps of the repair operations failed: Renewing IP Address. please contact your network administratior or ISP" to take a wild guess, this is generally not a good thing, also i have practically no knowlage of networking so any help on what to do would be much appriciated.
kind regards
Fullywired

Fullywired 18:39 24 Jun 04

hi guys,
i have set up my bluetooth dongle and im currently running on a very slow 9.6kbps connection, however.
on installation i have autoimatically aquired a bluetooth LAN connection and omn startup it connects and i get the windows XP speech bubble saying "bluetooth network is now connected, speed: 700.0 kbps" but what can i use this for? i cannot use it to access the internet at the moment although if it is possible i would like no know how to do this, also, if i right click on the connection and click repair eventually a box pops up saying "the following steps of the repair operations failed: Renewing IP Address. please contact your network administratior or ISP" to take a wild guess, this is generally not a good thing, also i have practically no knowlage of networking so any help on what to do would be much appriciated.
kind regards
Fullywired

Fullywired 18:39 24 Jun 04

hi guys,
kind regards
Fullywired

Fullywired 18:42 24 Jun 04

sorry about the multiple posts, im a little impatient with the slow connection, sorry again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…