//some 3rd party need geo

GPRS connection via infrared

kian1977 01:46 09 Oct 03

I am trying to set up a GPRS connection using my Nokia 3650, I can connect via the modem under normal circumstances, but not GPRS, When trying to connect, the port opens, then it dials the *99# number (apparently used for telling the phone it is gprs connection) and then says verifying your user name and password, then goes on to say connecting you pc to the network, the connection then hangs giving me an error of 734 the PPP Protocol was terminated.

I then follow instructions about the security, but this does not do anythin, I try calling my network provider and they are all as thick as I am and cannot provide any help and fob me off with the story of it's your phone, or it's your pc, contact the manufacturers.

I am now going out of my witts. can anyone pls help me??

Thanks in advance

2ubuffy 13:09 09 Oct 03

I had the same issue connecting to O2 GPRS using a Nokia 6310i. I solved it with help from my service provider and the fault lie with the phones settings!
I had to get the latest WAP GPRS settings for my phone from the O2 website. In addition I had to set the Phone to: -

SETTINGS - GPRS Modem settings - Edit active access point - Alias for access point - Rename TO mobileweb

SETTINGS - GPRS Modem settings - Edit active access point - GPRS access point - EDIT TO mobile.o2.co.uk

But the above only works for O2, you'll have to confirm details with your own service provider.

They also asked me to check my firmware version on the phone by typing *#0000# it should be 5.50 or above (for Nokia 6310).

kian1977 22:41 09 Oct 03

Thanks for the info, I am now able to connect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…