//some 3rd party need geo

got windows update re security files today

frankie 14:22 14 Apr 05

got windows update re security files today.check yours....

theodor 14:58 14 Apr 05

I'm waiting before doing any more Windows Xp security updates till I find out if I am going to be forced to have SP2 which I don't want.
click here

What problem have you had?

frankie 07:55 15 Apr 05

had sp2 from the start now this download no probs at all

igr 10:07 15 Apr 05

Had terrible problems with system crashes after loading the updates (XP SP2 system) System restore did not work either. Final solution was to short the Cmos jumper, reboot with minimal drivers, reload the updates, and everything is now hunky dory

I have no idea what was wrong - and the cmos clearing is always my last resort (other than starting again with a reformat)

theodor 12:25 15 Apr 05

Can you expand on this “short the Cmos jumper” as I have not heard of it and would like to know more. Maybe you could point me to a reference – Thanks.

igr 16:00 15 Apr 05

next to the cmos battery on the m/b you will see 2 pins, and next to them 2 small solder points. Temporarily take a jumper from elsewhere on the board and place over the 2 pins for about 6 seconds (put the jumper back to its original place). This should have cleared the set up memory to its manufacturers default setting. (You could also place a paperclip across the 2 solder points, but I prefer to use a jumper)

This is a good stand by when you run out of the other ideas.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…