got web address now what do i do?

wolfie3000 22:11 17 May 06

Ok i signed up with Batcave.net took couple of minutes job done.

now i got the details of the ftp server and such i guess i start frontpage and create a website then upload it or am i missing something?

ade.h 22:39 17 May 06

- Start Frontpage (or web authoring app of your choice).

- Design site.

- Upload.

Nope, you haven't forgotten anything! (Mind you, it sounds so simple when you put it like that!)

wolfie3000 22:45 17 May 06

Cheers Ade.h

I hope it works out well in a few days i will have something up lol

Just want to apologise for my tantrum in my other web design thread i was stressed.

De Marcus™ 00:11 18 May 06

You mean this one click here
lol

If your using frintpage, you should activate the frontpage server extensions, if they aren't already.

De Marcus™ 00:12 18 May 06

I'm taking a patent out on frintpage!

sorry

Frontpage

wolfie3000 00:14 18 May 06

how demarcus?

Iv made a test page and want to upload it but the publish web button is grayed out?

wolfie3000 00:23 18 May 06

all i want to do is get this page online the publish web button is greyed out i dont know why its late i havent slept for 20 hours im tired and i want to go to bed.

Please anyone help?

wolfie3000 01:37 18 May 06

ok still have the same problems with frontpage so used the ftp manager to upload each file indavidualy which took forever i dont relish the idea of building the whole site like that.

so i would be eternaly indebted to anyone who can help.

So heres the test page its not much and will problably be rearanged and fiddled with to improve it.

click here

God i need a stiff drink is it always this damm diffecult building websites?

i feel like iv aged 20 years and i slipped into insanity a few times.

Im a wreck so im off to bed if i cant sort out the front page thing by next week im giving up on web design for good.

But all i need is a simple answer to a simple question How do i get a webpage from my pc in frontpage to my webspace im sure its a simple answer but no ones letting me in on it.

This will be the last time i ask the question so please be generous and help me.

kindly 22:53 27 May 06

Hi wolfie, It looks like you got sorted out. I would like to say that i used a program called Ewisoft. If you want to try it go to "ewisoft.com". Its a free program. You can use it to make your site and upload it to your webspace. It has a ftp program built in. All you need to do is put in your address for where you want the files to go and thats it. It has a good web linked help section and a good help file on the program itself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…