Got rid of the logo's, now the tunes, how to???

Kitz E Kat 00:50 15 Jun 03

Hi , im bored again, last time i was bored (last night) i got rid of the start up logo(with your help, to great success)now tonight im attempting to get shut of that stupid "music" at startup, im running 98se.

So how do i get shut of that silly logon "music" and replace it with something a little bit more "hip", i was thinkin of something like "cool For Kats"!!!!!!

Can it be done?
How??
I Gots to know man, im bored!! And dangerous!!!
I know you can help, you always do, thats why i like this place!!!!

Sleepy Kat
Kitz E Kat

crx1600 00:57 15 Jun 03

which OS?

with winME open control panel\sounds and multimedia, in the 'sound events' window scroll down to 'start windows' which will display 'the microsoft sound' as default. use the 'browse' to locate the file you require.

i think it has to be a .WAV file.

crx1600 01:05 15 Jun 03

XP = control panel\sounds and audio devices\sounds, then scroll down to 'windows start up' in the 'program event' window, which displays 'windows XP start-up' as the default, again use the 'browse' to select the .WAV file

Kitz E Kat 01:07 15 Jun 03

Thanks crx1600, if thats your real name!!!!!!
Its WIN98 SE, will that work.
Nice to know that im not on my own here at this ungodly hour of night.
Thanks
Yours Kitz E Kat

Kitz E Kat 01:12 15 Jun 03

How do you convert a "tune" ie a standard CD to sa WAV file, is there time limit on the "tune" like can i replace said "tune" with Beethoven's fifth thingy or what?????
Feel another tin of Lager coming on!!!
thanks
crx1600

crx1600 01:15 15 Jun 03

i think a standard CD track is a .WAV file.

its the compressed mp3 and wmv files that would need converting.

if you have a file that needs converting, google should provide, "'xxx' to .wav converter" if u get me.

Kitz E Kat 01:27 15 Jun 03

Thanks Crx1600, and i do think thats not you real name!!!!!!! Sorry im a bit mad tonight, full moon and all that!! Us Kats go barmy with a full Moon!!!!
Thanks
Will that work on 98?

crx1600 01:30 15 Jun 03

Honda crx1600 is the car i drive, you'll be glad to hear it purrs like a kitten!

have you located the start up sound via control panel?

Djohn 01:31 15 Jun 03

click here loads of popular wav. files to choose from. j.

Kitz E Kat 01:52 15 Jun 03

Sorry crx1600, i should have got that, my Bro works for Honda and me BIG into racing... inexcusable....Man and Machine and all that.. a tasty car.. by all acounts. well done.
Im now banging my head against a good solid wall

Don't talk to me about Kittens....

No i aint done that cos im on my "good" computer i dont mess with that, i mess with all my other computers...
Djohn will follow up your links... Thanks

Thanks u guys , but why mister crx1600 aint you out detailing that tasty motor..

Its needs lovin...
Kitz E

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…