Got this odd email today

bumpkin 15:46 04 Sep 14

No idea what they are on about, I do not have an Apple account. Posted it here in case it is a scam.

Dear Customer,

We need to ask you to complete a short and brief step to securing and validating your account information.

Click here to complete validation

Failure to complete our validation process will result in a suspension of your Apple ID.

We take every step needed to automatically validate our users, unfortunately in your case we were unable to. The process only takes a couple of minutes and will make sure there is no interruption to your account.

Wondering why you got this email?

This email was sent automatically during routine security checks. We are not completely satisfied with your account information and require you to update your account to continue using our services uninterrupted.

For more information, see our FAQ.

Thanks, Apple Customer Service

Aitchbee 15:59 04 Sep 14

It might have something to do with the breaches in security or 'hacking' [that was widely reported recently] in Apple's iCloud data storage systems.

Secret-Squirrel 16:10 04 Sep 14

It's a scam Bumpkin. Hover your mouse over the "click here" in that email and look at the domain name in the URL - I bet it's not apple.com ;)

bumpkin 16:17 04 Sep 14

Thanks, pleased I posted as others can also know.

bumpkin 16:25 04 Sep 14

Deleted it but will leave the thread unticked for now.

rickf 16:30 04 Sep 14

Obvious scam. Just delete.

rdave13 21:46 04 Sep 14

Someone trying to take the bite out of Apple no doubt. Hope they swallow the pips and an uncomfortable tree will grow in the nether regions. See how they like it.

pcquestions 09:43 06 Sep 14

It a phishing email. Delete it and check your antivirus programs are up to date.

SparkyJack 09:57 06 Sep 14

So much of this spurious stuff now,there is a grave risk of chucking threat.

A few moments ago a 'survey' from Amazon market place' came in. As with all else of this nature 'binned'

Useful tip about the mouse to I/D the source

spuds 10:06 06 Sep 14

Apple are aware of this? click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now