got my viewsonic vx2052m today but help??

SANAP 14:51 30 Sep 06

The viewsonic is 20.1" wide and runs at 16:10 ratio at a native resolution of 1680 x 1050 and it is absolutely superb but it so wide!! The problem is I have a defect in my left eye and some of the pages I look at are .. yes aligned to the left, this means turning my head so I notice the defect in my eye!! not the panel, for example when I open MS outlook it is left aligned, so also the daily mirror, as the eye will get worse I have a dilemna. I know I have to look straight on so a 19" 4:3 may be the answer, however, the one I was going to get has a resolution of only 1280 x 1024, its model Viewsonic VX922 19" LCD Silver Black 2ms DVI Gaming Monitor. Will the text on this monitor be as good as the vx2052m? I cant view them as I am tOO remote. I am uisng DVI and this thing is stunning. Or is there a way I can set it up to show text stuff right in middle? I dont want to send it back get the vx922 and see the difference ie it is not as sharp.

Oh boy what a fix. I will be on here all day trying to get used to it and it is WIDE...

sanap

Forum Editor 17:13 30 Sep 06

that. despite your initial frustration, you give the monitor and yourself a chance - yo umay find that you accustom yourself to what - at the moment anyway - seems a little odd.

SANAP 19:42 30 Sep 06

thanks for reply and yes I will give it a go and have done so today. It is so good I can't see(sorry) myself sending it back. I would love to try the 19" side by side.

I also used the reviews in the mag to select this monitor ie I bought the mag.

And as an aside how or can I edit my posts?

sanap

SANAP 07:36 01 Oct 06

Iam keeping it, too good to change.

sanap

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced