got it in spades

Muergo 12:58 25 Sep 09

For some inexplicable reason I keep getting a black spade symbol popping up in my messages, even when filling forms in it jumps in at the end or beginning of my e-mail address or my postcode.
I don't know how to generate this symbol on my keyboard, but how do Iget rid of it.
I assume it's sitting in a cookie somewhere.

Technotiger 13:36 25 Sep 09

The black spade symbol is shown in the Character Map in XP.

Just a guess, but have you tried clearing your Temp files lately?

sunnystaines 13:37 25 Sep 09

run SAS on FULL SCAN

click here

sounds like spyware.

Muergo 20:08 25 Sep 09

What temporary files should be kept, I have never paid much attention to them, I don't know what's in them, I have just run the program listing them and I have hundreds.

Technotiger 20:17 25 Sep 09

Go to C:\WINDOWS and delete the Temp folder completely. You may get a message saying that a certain file could not be deleted, you can ignore that message, Windows will not delete any Essential file(s). Once deleted, re-start your computer in the normal way. Windows will create a new empty Temp folder. Things should work quicker after that.

Muergo 21:38 25 Sep 09

?In Windows file under temp, won't delete any, just reads that it's protected, and does not seem to have many files in it,
When I run ?Z Soft uninstaller it shows 480 temporary files with many different suffixes, which ones should be deleted, some go back three years.

I have run Malwarebytes and ASC including delete junk files.

Technotiger 21:54 25 Sep 09

My Computer>C:\WINDOWS>Temp .... highlight (don't open) the Temp Folder and press Delete on your keyboard.

Muergo 12:05 26 Sep 09

Have deleted temp file folder, spade symbol still appearing, it is at the end of the title above, does it show on your reading of this screen?

ZSoft uninstaller, which I downloaded as a recommendation on "WINDOWS SECRETS" newsletter, now shows 1,300 Temp files. What are all of those for ?

I have not deleted any of them, but they are taking up a lot of space.

Technotiger 12:34 26 Sep 09

If you mean the title of your last post, on mine it shows as a ?

Technotiger 12:37 26 Sep 09

Also, as you have deleted the Temp folder, I cannot imagine what ZSoft is referring to?

If you hover the cursor over one of those Temp files, does it give any indication of what or where it is?

Muergo 12:39 26 Sep 09

I have a pop up warning that my font/keyboard settings don't let me send some other symbols.
When I use the Alt Gr to get the euro symbol, it appears in my text perfectly ok, but then the warning says that it won't be sent as that.

What settings should I have in my selections.?
Maybe that's the cause of the spades appearing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…