Got ISDN. Can I have ADSL?

billy 10:55 15 Feb 03

I've got ISDN working fine but would like ADSL. BT emailed me a response to say "ADSL can be provided on telephone lines with a line
loss of no more than [email protected] usually, this means a telephone line that is
no longer than approximately 5km," Since I am further away they have concldued my line loss must be too high. I do have ISDN2 which is working fine. Does anyone know what the line loss for ISDN2 must be. If better than ADSL then I shoudl be able to ask for ADSL and be sure it will work.

recap 13:51 15 Feb 03

To check to see if ADSL is available in your area click here and go to the
"Broadband Save £100 with BT Openworld Broadband Home 500 Plug & Go. Check availability and order now!" section.

billy 09:47 16 Feb 03

I did check earlier hence my earlier note saying I cannot have ADSL as I am too far from the exchange. However, BT make their decision based on average as I guess it is too costly to do checks on every specific line. But I do have ISDN 2. Since that works fine does anyone know ihow the line loss of ISDN2 compares to ADSL so I may be able to go back to BT and prove Broadband should work.

Steve- 10:24 16 Feb 03

According to this click here web site
the limit for ISDN2 is 5.5 Kilometres.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…