Got ISDN. Can I have ADSL?

billy 10:55 15 Feb 03

I've got ISDN working fine but would like ADSL. BT emailed me a response to say "ADSL can be provided on telephone lines with a line
loss of no more than [email protected] usually, this means a telephone line that is
no longer than approximately 5km," Since I am further away they have concldued my line loss must be too high. I do have ISDN2 which is working fine. Does anyone know what the line loss for ISDN2 must be. If better than ADSL then I shoudl be able to ask for ADSL and be sure it will work.

recap 13:51 15 Feb 03

To check to see if ADSL is available in your area click here and go to the
"Broadband Save £100 with BT Openworld Broadband Home 500 Plug & Go. Check availability and order now!" section.

billy 09:47 16 Feb 03

I did check earlier hence my earlier note saying I cannot have ADSL as I am too far from the exchange. However, BT make their decision based on average as I guess it is too costly to do checks on every specific line. But I do have ISDN 2. Since that works fine does anyone know ihow the line loss of ISDN2 compares to ADSL so I may be able to go back to BT and prove Broadband should work.

Steve- 10:24 16 Feb 03

According to this click here web site
the limit for ISDN2 is 5.5 Kilometres.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5