Got a domain name, but who 2 host?

CatTrading 19:51 06 Jan 08

I bought a domain name through easily over christmas after having 2 many beers.
But who do i now get to host it?
As cheap as possible to start with.
Will be aimed at friends & family to begin with & non-commercial.

Wenzley 20:27 06 Jan 08

I registered with a company called Catalyst 2 (coincidence with your nickname!) and only pay £11.99 a YEAR ! The basic package also allows one email address and if you are into ASP programming and a basic database (MS Access) they do that too for this price. If not then you may find somewhere else even cheaper, but that's what I needed at the time.

I only use mine for small testing and basic fun stuff like what it sounds you need. The little technical support I needed via email was answered promptly and efficiently. I haven't had any bad dealings with them, but to be fair, I've not had any real problems to test this fully.

The packages section is at

click here

but of course you can choose to go to their home page. P.S. I am a customer of them and not associated with them in any other way.

Good luck

Kemistri 20:40 06 Jan 08

Here are the two companies which those of us who use a lot of hosting are most likely to recommend:

click here
click here

Both of which I have used more than once.

CodeMeister 20:09 07 Jan 08

Hi,

As Kemistri has already suggested, I too would recommend Heart Internet (click here).

I have recently been dealing with ehosting (click here) and I was very pleasantly surprised with their efficiency.

Finally, I also use Orchard Hosting (click here) and they are very good.

It all really depends on what it is that you want to host (e.g. PHP/MySQL or ASP.Net / SQL Server etc).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…