Got a big problem with a slave HDD

wobblymike 19:28 07 Feb 06

I have a PC with 2 HDD in it a 10 GB master with the OS on it and a 80 GB slave partitioned with 3 partitions with data, music, photos. Master is an IBM drive slave is a Seagate. Had a problem with corrupt OS - so proceeded to reformat master using seagate disc wizard - have done this many times. Disc Wizard showed master with 10gb partition and slave with 3 partitions - I formatted master and reinstalled OS - when finished went into explorer to discover to my dismay that slave drive was showing as a single partition and is asking to be formatted. reloaded disc wizard this shows it as 3 partitions labelled up as before the reformat of master drive. I haven't touched the slave drive and am baffled any thoughts welcome.

Joe R 19:29 07 Feb 06

wobblymike,

what O's are you using.?

wobblymike 19:31 07 Feb 06

sorry xp with sp2

Joe R 19:40 07 Feb 06

go to start, right click on my computer and select manage. Then select disk management, which will let you know if there is any problems with the slave drive.

wobblymike 20:21 07 Feb 06

done that it shows a singlr partition with no file structure - how can this be when it was fully functional in 3 partitions before I formatted the other hdd - I've done nothing to this one

wobblymike 20:30 07 Feb 06

bitten the bullet and reformatted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…