gordi

highjay 14:29 31 Dec 05

On occasions my mouse pointer freezes and will not move unless I switch off the power, wait a while and start up again. Any ideas why & how do I prevent this from happening

SG Atlantis® 14:36 31 Dec 05

a nasty?

run all your usual scans.

highjay 14:41 31 Dec 05

Nothing showing on AVG virus scan, disc clean up done frequently, also adaware. Anything else?

SG Atlantis® 14:51 31 Dec 05

is it a generic mouse or one with it's own software?

connected via usb or ps2? swop it over?

Look online for updated software for your mouse?

is it wireless?

SG Atlantis® 14:52 31 Dec 05

what windows are you using?

highjay 15:03 31 Dec 05

Using XP and it is connected via usb, will try to swop it next time that it happens thanks

Pineman100 15:37 31 Dec 05

I used to have a mouse that did exactly the same thing. If I switched off the computer, jiggled the mouse connection a bit (hope that language is not too technical for you!) and then switched on again, it worked.
I reckon you've got either a dodgy connection in your mouse somewhere or a dodgy usb port. As already suggested by someone else, try plugging it into a different port and see if the problem recurs. If it does, I should buy a new mouse. If it doesn't, you've probably got a dodgy port.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…