google.huddi.com

Doug29 13:46 06 Jun 07

I recently wiped my hard drive and reloaded my programs. I normally use Firefox but have to use IE on some sites that are not Firefox compatible. I set them up so that google.co.uk is my home page.

I have noticed that on IE my home page has become google.huddi.com. There is only a Google logo, a text box and a search button displayed.

Has my PC become infected already?

johndrew 14:14 06 Jun 07

If you want to avoid using IE but still view the pages. why not download the IE View and IE Tab Add-ons. click here click here To make them work simply open the URL you want to view in IE, go to the Firefox `Tools` and select `Always view this page in IE`. Firefox will open the page in IE until you delete it from the list.

I will stand corrected but I think google.huddi.com is simply a short version of the Google search box.

cocteau48 14:31 06 Jun 07

Have a read here:
click here

Doug29 14:47 06 Jun 07

"If you want to avoid using IE but still view the pages. why not download the IE View and IE Tab Add-ons. click here click here To make them work simply open the URL you want to view in IE, go to the Firefox `Tools` and select `Always view this page in IE`. Firefox will open the page in IE until you delete it from the list."

If I use the Add-ons will that cure the non-compatibility problem with the Firefox browser?

Doug29 15:01 06 Jun 07

Thanks for the link cocteau48.

I have already run adaware, spybot and cc cleaner. I have reset my home page and it is OK. One of the sites I use IE on is the Egg.com money manager page. I can view all my different bank accounts & credit cards on one screen after only logging on once. If there is something dodgy on my hard drive this is not the kind of info I want to give away. Do I have a Trojan and is there any other checks I should be doing. I have also got AVG free running and Zone alarm.

Thanks

cocteau48 15:32 06 Jun 07

I googled for huddi.com and oddly enough all the sites it leads to are in french.
Do a translate on many of them and the general concensus of opinion seems to be that it is not a virus.
Like many on this forum I use Adaware and Spybot but I would also give "a squared" and "superantispyware" a run.
click here
click here

johndrew 19:24 06 Jun 07

`If I use the Add-ons will that cure the non-compatibility problem with the Firefox browser?`

In short, yes. For example I use Firefox for my MS updates by opening the MS pages in Firefox but with IE. Everything works as advertised in this way and to date I`ve had no difficulties.

As you are probably aware to update using Firefox without IE Tab requires some extra work.

When I say, `Firefox will open the page in IE until you delete it from the list.` I mean it is a solid change that can only be reversed by a positive act in IE Tab Options, ie delete the site from the list.

johndrew 19:27 06 Jun 07

Should also have said there are many other excellent Add-ons for Firefox which enhance security and flexibility AND it`s all FREE!!

Doug29 19:52 06 Jun 07

Downloaded "a squared" and "superantispyware"(thanks cocteau48)and did a full system scan. The only things that were detected were cookies.

I also googled for huddi.com and translated the foreign text. After sussing out that the "hard landings" they were on about were really system "crashes" I gave up. I struggle with basic computer speak never mind dodgy translations.

Thanks everybody for their advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac