google.huddi.com

Doug29 13:46 06 Jun 07

I recently wiped my hard drive and reloaded my programs. I normally use Firefox but have to use IE on some sites that are not Firefox compatible. I set them up so that google.co.uk is my home page.

I have noticed that on IE my home page has become google.huddi.com. There is only a Google logo, a text box and a search button displayed.

Has my PC become infected already?

johndrew 14:14 06 Jun 07

If you want to avoid using IE but still view the pages. why not download the IE View and IE Tab Add-ons. click here click here To make them work simply open the URL you want to view in IE, go to the Firefox `Tools` and select `Always view this page in IE`. Firefox will open the page in IE until you delete it from the list.

I will stand corrected but I think google.huddi.com is simply a short version of the Google search box.

cocteau48 14:31 06 Jun 07

Have a read here:
click here

Doug29 14:47 06 Jun 07

"If you want to avoid using IE but still view the pages. why not download the IE View and IE Tab Add-ons. click here click here To make them work simply open the URL you want to view in IE, go to the Firefox `Tools` and select `Always view this page in IE`. Firefox will open the page in IE until you delete it from the list."

If I use the Add-ons will that cure the non-compatibility problem with the Firefox browser?

Doug29 15:01 06 Jun 07

Thanks for the link cocteau48.

I have already run adaware, spybot and cc cleaner. I have reset my home page and it is OK. One of the sites I use IE on is the Egg.com money manager page. I can view all my different bank accounts & credit cards on one screen after only logging on once. If there is something dodgy on my hard drive this is not the kind of info I want to give away. Do I have a Trojan and is there any other checks I should be doing. I have also got AVG free running and Zone alarm.

Thanks

cocteau48 15:32 06 Jun 07

I googled for huddi.com and oddly enough all the sites it leads to are in french.
Do a translate on many of them and the general concensus of opinion seems to be that it is not a virus.
Like many on this forum I use Adaware and Spybot but I would also give "a squared" and "superantispyware" a run.
click here
click here

johndrew 19:24 06 Jun 07

`If I use the Add-ons will that cure the non-compatibility problem with the Firefox browser?`

In short, yes. For example I use Firefox for my MS updates by opening the MS pages in Firefox but with IE. Everything works as advertised in this way and to date I`ve had no difficulties.

As you are probably aware to update using Firefox without IE Tab requires some extra work.

When I say, `Firefox will open the page in IE until you delete it from the list.` I mean it is a solid change that can only be reversed by a positive act in IE Tab Options, ie delete the site from the list.

johndrew 19:27 06 Jun 07

Should also have said there are many other excellent Add-ons for Firefox which enhance security and flexibility AND it`s all FREE!!

Doug29 19:52 06 Jun 07

Downloaded "a squared" and "superantispyware"(thanks cocteau48)and did a full system scan. The only things that were detected were cookies.

I also googled for huddi.com and translated the foreign text. After sussing out that the "hard landings" they were on about were really system "crashes" I gave up. I struggle with basic computer speak never mind dodgy translations.

Thanks everybody for their advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…