GoogleEarth just WILL NOT work!! Why?

AngeTheHippy 15:36 PM 17 May 13

Aft'noon Chaps, Samsung Windows 7 pro/SP1/64bit laptop - It just will NOT have Google earth! I've installed/uninstalled 5 times so far, it's VERY sluggish/slow, the time-line icon doesn't work, and some areas of the maps are fuzzy. I've never had problems with GE in XP/Vista - even windows 8 that I used for 2 weeks total on Acer laptops that were both faulty. BUT it does NOT like this Laptop. Any ideas why?? I rely a lot on GE - I'm a Metal Detectorist and use the time-line facility all the time.

AngeTheHippy x

john bunyan 17:51 PM 17 May 13

I found I had to update the graphics drivers. Go to Run, type in device manager, find and expand Display adapters, right click and update drivers.

AngeTheHippy 18:10 PM 17 May 13

'Lo John, I checked anyway earlier, but just again TO MAKE SURE, and it says driver up to date, so not that...

Ange x

rdave13 18:28 PM 17 May 13

Use google maps instead.

AngeTheHippy 18:51 PM 17 May 13

Hi rdave13, if there was the 'timeline' facility, then I would do, I need to look at maps/crop marks from earlier images, see...

A x

john bunyan 18:51 PM 17 May 13

This may be worth a read:

Google Earth

rdave13 18:56 PM 17 May 13
  rdave13 19:53 PM 17 May 13

Try installing again, if it doesn't work, and your graphics drivers are up to date, try uninstalling using Revo free. Reboot and install GE again. If that fails it is your graphics chip not up to the job, possibly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know