Google.com

rdave13 23:25 16 Sep 06

Had the above url in my AOL's favourite list for quite a while. Google video used to run with no problem but now it won't run the player. It brings up the "rich media blocked" small icon on the screen. Played around with firewall settings and my av but no go.
If I use google.co.uk then no problems. Tried google.com in IE and that will default to .co.uk. Has google changed something or is it just my set up?

Jak_1 23:57 16 Sep 06

It defaults to google.co.uk with the web choice ticked by default. If all works fine then why worry. Given the number of peeps using the service worldwide then this makes sense, all google seem to be doing is directing peeps to a server near them to speed things up.

rdave13 00:05 17 Sep 06

Thanks for your reply. Could you explain "It defaults to google.co.uk with the web choice ticked by default" to me. Thanks.

Jak_1 00:14 17 Sep 06

under the search box there is a choice for Web search or uk pages, web search is ticked by default.

rdave13 00:17 17 Sep 06

Not under google.com. That's why I'm asking if google has changed something and it's not my system.

Jak_1 00:24 17 Sep 06

Is this the page you are on about?

click here

rdave13 10:21 17 Sep 06

No it's this one click here

rdave13 10:23 17 Sep 06

See if you can run the player from the video (new) link.

anskyber 10:34 17 Sep 06

Its the same page here.

rdave13 10:58 17 Sep 06

Haven't used image shack before so hope the image is large enough! click here Bear in mind that this is on the AOL browser so it is not defaulting to .co.uk I think.

anskyber 11:07 17 Sep 06

Google.com has worked for me in video. Oddly to get to it and stop it defaulting to co.uk I did a search using Google for Google. That brought up the results in the .com format with the video link at the top. If that makes sense!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…