google website i can't visit

tdmoh 08:44 08 Dec 09

Hi guys when I try to visit google.co.uk or google.com I get IE cannot display web page. What have I done wrong? I use PC Guard - scan says no virus - Internet options does not show it as blocked site - where else can I look ? The search bar at the top of the page says the same thing even if I search with Bing. I can do a search on the Virgin Media homepage but can't visit google.
Advice please !

birdface 09:08 08 Dec 09

Try clicking just for me.

click here

Technotiger 09:12 08 Dec 09

Have you checked your Firewall?

tdmoh 11:32 09 Dec 09

Thanks Buteman ! I rather like the idea that Google is turned off & I'm the only one in the world who noticed LOL. But I did check and google is working but not for me!
Thanks Technotiger. I use PC Guard and it lists Programs that are allowed & blocked but no mention of google. What would it say in the firewall file ?

birdface 15:18 09 Dec 09

Try and see if you can get it with the firewall turned off.

tdmoh 10:13 10 Dec 09

Thanks Buteman - Tried that no luck. I did manage to get google by using a proxy server. So I turned on the proxy server button in internet options - but that didn't work. Any more ideas please ?

tdmoh 14:00 09 Mar 10

Its now fixed ! I emailed Kaspersky. the problem was a virus packedwin32tdssz - They suggested running TDSSKILLER in safemode & combifix ( a script they compiled for me ! )from their website
It worked Apparently there was a redirect to go.mail.ru which was stopped by kaspersky but needed a manual fix to resolve. Brilliant service-free if you have online banking !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…