google update Event viwer errors

Jerome1 15:59 25 Jun 09

I have six or more errors a day in the event viewer application file saying
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Google Update
Event Category: None
Event ID: 12
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 12 ) in Source ( Google Update ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description;...

Sometimes it is an "error" rather than a "warning"
and says:
The description for Event ID ( 20 ) in Source ( Google Update ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description;

Have found some similar entries on the web linked to problems with installing Chrome. I did have Chrome but have removed it. I have also tried downloading google updater and then uninstalling it. I have removed google toolbar from ie7 although I do have it on Firefox. I have google earth but almost never use it. I think that is the limit of my google programs
Can it safely ignore it?
Presumably something hasn't been installed/uninstalled properly
Can I do anything to cure it?
Thanks

provider 2 16:41 25 Jun 09

I`m wondering about this as well.

I have two applications turning up in Event Viewer regularly:

gusvc
gupdate1c9abab5c895

The first has been appearing for quite some time and seems to be related to the Google Toolbar (I have it on both IE8 and Firefox.) There are complaints about it screwing up some people`s systems on the web, but it seems to be doing mine no harm except making the Event Viewer log look a bit untidy.

The second appeared after I installed Picasa and I think is connected to Google`s little "jokes" ...those topical items that appear from time to time in the Google logo.

They are always in the form of information rather than warnings or errors, though I have the same event descriptions as you, about being unable to find the registry items or missing .dlls

I don`t think they are anything to worry about. When there is an update, it seems to be registered anyway and nothing untoward seems to happen when there isn`t one.

Irritating not to know for sure, though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017