google uk sites only?

mannock 19:35 27 Jun 04

am i missing something really obvious here? when i search in google, i often need to return only english web sites. how do i set it to do this? in ask jeeves there is a box to click for all the web or uk only. can't see anything like it in google.

powerless 19:38 27 Jun 04

click here

pages from the UK

Valvegrid 19:39 27 Jun 04

Are you going to the UK Google site?

click here

There are two buttons underneath for the web or UK pages only.

Arthur Scrimshaw 19:39 27 Jun 04

I think the wat you have to do it is to download the Google toolbar - that gives the option I understand.

Alternatively you could use Yahoo! which gives you the option straight away.

ton 20:11 27 Jun 04

I just add the letters UK to the end of what I'm searching for, it does the trick, although not 100%, but near enough.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:13 27 Jun 04

Whe you type in your question add UK to the end ;-))) This is worth a read as it can refine your searching no end...click here

G

mannock 20:15 27 Jun 04

thanks everyone, as i thought, i was missing something so obvious, i was on the american version. now i've changed to google.co.uk

sattman 22:16 27 Jun 04

I dont think that changing to uk Google will sort your problem, to get UK only sites do as advised add uk.

I would even say that you may find more sites and find that the American Version will give you more success.

spuds 22:47 27 Jun 04

As previously stated, add UK or similar in your title search.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…