Google searchbox moved top left

mart7 20:13 27 May 15
Answered

When I open google search in IE 11 and start typing in the search box it jumps to the top left hand side of the page as from today

Ive googled the problem and have reset IE as some sites suggest yet the problem remains

Any help appreciated

lotvic 23:51 27 May 15

As per govanx says, and it does the same in Firefox browser.

mart7 00:22 28 May 15

Sorry but I can honestly say never done this for me,there are quite a few posting on the net having the same problem,some of the suggestions I will try tomorrow

Secret-Squirrel 08:31 28 May 15
Answer

"When I open google search in IE 11 ............"

Are you talking about the Google webpage? If you are then you can change that behavior by clicking on "Settings" (bottom right) then "Search Settings". In the "Google Instant predictions" section, set it to "Never", scroll down to the bottom then click on "Save".

If that works then the cause of your "problem" could be because your Google cookie was deleted and Google Instant predictions reverted to its default setting.

mart7 10:23 28 May 15

Secret Squirrel

Thanks yes that's exactly what imean cheers,whats made it change overnight I don't know but thanks

Secret-Squirrel 16:20 28 May 15

Thanks for the feedback chaps :)

"..........whats made it change overnight I don't know..........."

Your Google preferences are stored in your Google cookie so did you perhaps delete it or do something silly like run CCleaner?

bumpkin 16:56 28 May 15

Is CCleaner a bad thing to use.

Secret-Squirrel 17:06 28 May 15

I wouldn't call it "bad" - "unnecessary" is probably a better description because it won't make your computer run any better and it frequently removes things that folks find useful.

mart7 17:06 28 May 15

No haven't run ccleaner for a week,i did run Antimalwarebytes threat scan which just found a few "pups" wouldn't think that would affect it,hasnt done before

robin_x 17:54 28 May 15

You can unset the checkboxes in the Windows and Appllications Tabs in Ccleaner for less cleaning if desired.

I think I've kept mostly as default

All I notice after running Cleaner is I have to login to sites again that I normally don't bother logging out of.

If you backup browser (and email client) profiles regularly they can be recovered if inexplicable or unfixable problems arise

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017