Google search function problems

ctm04 22:16 12 May 06

For the past few days I had a problem in IE, my Google search function didn't work anymore, OS XP prof. If I typed the web address in manually, there was no problem, all the favourites worked as well, but as soon as I tried a search , nothing happened it just said done immediately without loading. very odd. I cleared all the temp. internet files and checked the settings but couldn't find anything specific. None of the search facilities worked, not even the one on this forum either. I have rectified the problem by doing a system restore, but wondered whether anyone had any ideas of what could have caused the fault? many thanks.

johnnyrocker 23:05 12 May 06

malware/spyware probably.

johnny.

ctm04 00:04 13 May 06

johnnyrocker, thanks for the response...it could have been I suppose although I check the system on a very regular basis with several programs... but I will tick this as resolved now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…