Google Search

john bunyan 10:09 09 Apr 10

Usually there is a UK option in Google search. Today there seems no such option. I have W7 and ie8. Has this changed or is it me?

john bunyan 10:11 09 Apr 10

That when I launch Goole (my default opening page) it is now Google UK - is this a change?

john bunyan 10:12 09 Apr 10

not Goole, Google!

birdface 10:33 09 Apr 10

I have never been able to get Google Uk using search on W7 IE8.

sunnystaines 10:34 09 Apr 10

just check still have the search uk option

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:34 09 Apr 10

Make sre you go to Google.co.uk

If your using google toolbar right click Google - options - In the Use Google site boxselect United kigdom.

birdface 10:35 09 Apr 10

Oops.Just noticed that I get it now.

john bunyan 10:38 09 Apr 10

Thanks. Up to yesterday, I am sure that when I entered a search word or phrase, beneath the search box were two boxes that you could check - one for world wide, one for uk. I wonder if, somehow, I had a different Google as default , which somehow switched to UK overnight, but it is a mystery.

birdface 10:45 09 Apr 10

When W7 first started you could not get Google Uk as a search provider but just noticed that it works now for some reason not sure when it started but never noticed it before your post this morning.

john bunyan 12:57 09 Apr 10

Will tick this as resolved. Thanks
Fruit Bat /\0/\ also . I think somehow buteman has provided the answer , that Goole UK has only just become the default page in ie8 for W7.

T0SH 16:11 09 Apr 10

Two ways to skin this cat, set google UK as your homepage then you will get the UK search option or even add Google.co.uk into your favourites and use it when you want the UK option

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…