Google in Russian

twitcher 10:33 22 May 06

I have the Google toolbar installed. When I use the search facility, the searches are in English but yesterday all the text on the Google window appeared in Russian. Does anybody know how this happened and how I can get back to the English version?

Stuartli 10:35 22 May 06

Use the Preferences link to alter Google settings to your requirements.

Stuartli 10:35 22 May 06

Don't forget to Save any changes.

twitcher 12:09 22 May 06

Thanks, I've tried this but everything still comes up in Russian. I've tried deleting the Google cookie but to no avail. I've even tried the facility for resetting the toolbar in IE but still no joy. Below is an example of what is displayed when the Google window appears.

??? ?????????? ????? ???????

?????????? ?????
????? ??????

???????? ???????? - ??? ??? Google - ??????? ?? Google UK

??????? Google ???? ????????? ?????????!

©2006 Google

Shall I delete the toolbar and start again?:-

twitcher 12:11 22 May 06

Sorry about the above - I copied the Russian script, but it doesn't seem to have come out in the actual post.

Stuartli 12:34 22 May 06

Hardly surprising..:-)

Yes, try reinstalling it.

I used to have it but didn't like the security aspects involved if someone else managed to gain access to your system...:-(

twitcher 13:34 22 May 06

Having noted what you said about security Stuartli, I have deleted the toolbar. I've had the toolbar for about 2 years without any problem, but this week I switched to broadband and this is one of several problems I've had in spite of running AVG Prof. Ed. with firewall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…