Google problem? what the hell does it mean?

Pooke 08:15 06 Sep 05

click here

Google Error

We're sorry...
... but we can't process your request right now. A computer virus or spyware application is sending us automated requests, and it appears that your computer or network has been infected.

We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, you might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure that your computer is free of viruses and other spurious software.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.
To continue searching, please type the characters you see below:

Pooke 08:24 06 Sep 05

It's gone now. Does it mean I have a virus.

jack 08:30 06 Sep 05

Probably not but worth running the check.
Its their glitch.
I cant see that of all the inputs per second that pass the Google portal any particular nasty will make them point a finger a Pooke
There maybe others that might but not Google

Pooke 08:34 06 Sep 05

My system is clean, it's a frsh reinstall of XP a few days ago aswell.

CurlyWhirly 12:18 06 Sep 05

I think that since Google got attacked recently (and their server was offline for a while) they have now put in place a kind of flood control to stop this happening again.
I think I read this somewhere.

CurlyWhirly 12:52 06 Sep 05

This is what I was referring to:

click here

sallyleslie 12:54 17 Oct 05

I am still getting this message for the most innocuous of searches. I have run loads of AV and anti-spyware scans. Does anyone have any news on the uptodate position?

PaulB2005 13:00 17 Oct 05

It's not necessarily you that's infected but the site is being hit by other PCs with the virus. Wait a while and try again.

sallyleslie 16:24 17 Oct 05

Have done and you are quite right - many thanks! But it does seem to be happening with horrible regularity and when I search I can't find a definitive reason for it - is it just Google?

wee eddie 16:29 17 Oct 05

Many companies just refuse access to particular groups of addresses from which the attacks appear to be coming

sallyleslie 16:43 17 Oct 05

Hum - all very well but bearing in mind the content of this error message it's a bit of a nuisance to use up resources undertaking a deep AV etc scan everytime just in case!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…