Google Picasa Creating CD

Gary Wood 17:45 17 Sep 06

I have recently downloaded Picasa from Google. I have burned a CD using its Gift CD option and now want to add files to this. Can anyone tell me if this is possible? Every time I try, Picasa warns me that it's going to erase the disk., which is not what I want it to do!!

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Gary

johnnyrocker 17:47 17 Sep 06

is the disk a cd or cdrw? was it finalised at the time of burning?

johnny.

Diodorus Siculus 17:51 17 Sep 06

From what I can find out, Picasa will not add files to a CD already burned. Best you can do is burn another project.

Gary Wood 17:59 17 Sep 06

Johnny,

The disk is a CD-RW, but I don't have any options to finalise it, etc.

Gary

Gary Wood 18:04 17 Sep 06

If Picasa can't do this, can anyone recommend any software like Picasa, which is as easy to use, that does have this functionality?

Stuartli 18:06 17 Sep 06

You need to use multisession mode in Nero or similar burning software.

If you save your Picassa2 compilations you can keep dragging and dropping them into Nero to add them to a multisession CD-R; once the disk is almost full you Fianlise it just before the final burning session.

Gary Wood 18:49 17 Sep 06

Stuartli,

Thanks for this. I do realise that Nero would be a solution, and that is, in fact how I do make CDs.

However, I'm trying to help a relative who is having problems with downloading pictures and burning them to CD. I was hoping to suggest Picasa as a one-stop solution. Downloading images with this is very easy, but it seems that the CD burning capabilities are very basic.

Does anyone know of a package like Picasa, which is as straightforward to use, but which will allow multisession CDs to be created?

Gary

Stuartli 19:04 17 Sep 06

Unlikely as the Folder name for each multisession disk is created in Nero, along with the Continue Multisession disk command and means to open the folder, as you are obviously aware.

I've a pal who had never used a burning program when he bought a secondhand laptop for home use and he very quickly cottoned on, when I showed him, how to keep adding his pix files to a multisession CD-R for backup purposes using Nero.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…