Google Maps Add-On

thumbscrew 10:41 23 May 10

Anyone now anything about a new Add-On for Google Maps?

Ibanez2010 12:30 23 May 10

No.

Technotiger 17:09 23 May 10
  thumbscrew 17:45 23 May 10

Thanks technotiger, this seems to be some sort of extra viewing aid (Or am I wrong?). The one I read about....in another magazine...was some sort of 3D device.

Woolwell 18:04 23 May 10

Possibly this click here

thumbscrew 18:25 23 May 10

Thanks Woolwell. I was under the impression that the add-on would give a 3D image to Google Street Maps, maybe I misread it. Am I allowed to name the magazine I saw it in?

Woolwell 19:03 23 May 10

I think that you may be referring to this click here.

Woolwell 19:04 23 May 10

Or this click here but note the date.

thumbscrew 19:24 23 May 10

Thanks for your patience Woolwell-and I trust I'm not trying it! Before this turns into a marathon, I'll bite the bullet and confess I saw the add-on in the current issue of Web User.Admitting I'm a parasite, I was thumbing through it in WH Smith's and didn't purchase it. Anyway, I assumed it created a 3D image, but I didn't see anything about wearing the necessary goggles.....perhaps I missed that?

Woolwell 19:34 23 May 10

I used to view true aerial 3D images using a stereoscope. The imagery that Google uses for Earth/Map cannot produce true 3D. By using perspective it can give a feeling of 3D. The other view is using calculations to give a 3D look.

I'll now have to have a look at Web User as I cannot find anything on their site.

thumbscrew 19:37 23 May 10

Ok amigo, I'll await your review. In retrospect...because of guilt...I'll revisit Smith's tomorrow and buy it!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…