Google locks up IE6

daba 23:59 23 Apr 08

Recently Google has started misbehaving in Ie6 on my PC.

Search page loads OK, so does the very first results page, then after that the links don't seem to work properly, pages (if they load at all) are excrutiatingly slow, even though there is activity shown on the router lights.

Usually I resort to closing the browser, by clicking on the X, top right, but even that has an unexpected behaviour, it closes on click, rather than on release, of the mouse button.

I had to uninstall the Yahoo toolbar recently, installed by another user, I was wondering if that had anything to do with the problems.

O/S is W2K Pro

octal 06:25 24 Apr 08

You could try clearing the cache in case there is some rubbish in there that's got corrupted.
click here

octal 06:27 24 Apr 08

Also try clearing the cookies as well.

click here

daba 23:44 25 Apr 08

It's assumed not a cache or cookie problem, I have used ccleaner and others to completely clean all those.

And, on my PC anyway, the option to "Empty Temporary Internet Files on Exit from IE" does not work. It may be because I have moved the cache folder to my D:\ drive which is bigger, faster, than C:, but obviously IE6 knows where to put the files, so surely it should know where to delete them from ?

I also see this problem if I use Firefox to access Google, so clearly not an IE issue

daba 22:55 26 Apr 08

^ bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5