Google links disappeared

Pineman100 14:20 01 May 10

I'm running Firefox 3.6.3 under Windows 7. I have Google's search page set as my homepage.

Until today, the Google page has always had the following line of blue links in the top left-hand corner:

Web Images Videos Maps News Shopping Mail more ?

Today, those links have completely disappeared, as have the radio buttons for searching "the web" or "pages from the UK".

All I get are the Google logo, the search box, the "Google Search" and the "I Feel Lucky" buttons.

Any idea what's happened, please?

Sea Urchin 14:27 01 May 10

If you move the cursor over the page they should reappear - it's done this for quite some time now since Google "upgraded" their site.

Pineman100 16:58 01 May 10

Thanks Sea Urchin, but that's not it. I noticed that change to the site some months ago.

I can move the cursor around like mad, but still no change.

Sea Urchin 17:58 01 May 10

OK - are you accessing it from a link/favorite or Home Page? What happens if you type the URL into your browser and go to it that way? There seems to be no problem here with the Google page. If you can access it normally by typing in the address I would delete and rebuild your link.

Pineman100 19:13 01 May 10

I have Google's home/search page as my homepage in Firefox. I just launch FF and then click on the blue link, top left-hand corner.

I'm afraid I'm not sure what you mean when say "rebuild my link".

Sea Urchin 19:45 01 May 10

I just meant that if you have set up a link or a bookmark to access Google then maybe it had become corrupted. But as you have it set as your Home Page in FF surely it should appear as soon as you open the browser - why do you have to click a link?

Did you try typing the Google address into the address bar to see whether it then opens properly? And have you tried it in IE?

I generally use IE but I have just opened Google in Firefox and it opens correctly.

Pineman100 11:39 02 May 10

Yes, the Google homepage appears as soon as I launch FF. But I then click a link in the top left-hand corner of the Google homepage to launch my Google Mail.

It's that link (and others that normally accompany it) which has disappeared.

rdave13 11:51 02 May 10

Is it the same when you click in this link? click here

Pineman100 12:08 02 May 10

Yes, rdave13, exactly the same.

That's the link I have set as my homepage.

lotvic 12:26 02 May 10

You have become part of Google experiment with different layouts click here
I found I could go back to my familiar layout google search page by deleting the google cookies in my browser (FF)

Sea Urchin 12:33 02 May 10

But doesn't that apply to the search results page - Pineman100 has a problem with the actual search (Home) page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…