Google Keeps Trying To Send Emails

dazzawm 11:04 AM 31 Dec 12

I keep getting Delivery Status Notification Faliures 100s at a time saying that Google keeps trying to send these emails. I know nothing of them or who they are going to. Why is this and how do I stop it please. Thanks.

Chronos the 2nd 12:02 PM 31 Dec 12

Sounds as though your gmail account may have been hacked and the first thing you must do is change the password.

onthelimit1 12:18 PM 31 Dec 12

Run Malwarebytes at first, as it looks as though you have a bug.

lotvic 13:45 PM 31 Dec 12

Have a read of and before you change your password make sure your alternate email address (the one gmail will send instructions to, to change the password) has not been tampered with.

dazzawm 12:24 PM 01 Jan 13

Its not a gmail email though. Its an old NTL email address!! I do have hotmail and gmail addys also but as you can imagine I have had this email for years and a lot of business', contacts etc use this. How do I go about changing the pw as NTL is no longer about? Or is there a program that will forward emails to one of my other email addys then I can delete this email from my PC and gradually advise everyone of my new addy. Thanks.

Woolwell 12:38 PM 01 Jan 13

ntl is now virgin. Can you log in there and change the password? One of your accounts seems to have been hacked. Change hotmail password too. Hotmail seems to be hacked too often for my liking.

dazzawm 20:37 PM 01 Jan 13

I can't login to Virgin as I am not subscribed to them, I just kept the email address I had with ntl.

Woolwell 20:41 PM 01 Jan 13

Try logging in to their webmail with your ntl email and old password. If you get in there are account settings which allows you to change password. Virgin uses gmail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off