Google Installer has encountered a problem.

Sandy03 12:15 16 Apr 09

I am getting the above message after boot up. It first appeared a couple of days ago. I can send a report to MS and can close the window and can carry on using my laptop for about 15 mins until screen freezes and only a hard switch off will resolve. Screen freezes in all the apps that I use. eg - Internet, Outlook.
As this error would appear to relate to Google - I have uninstalled all google related shortcuts,desktop and screen toolbars.
I have also ran CCleaner and of course deleted all browsing history.
I have this morning tried a restore to 10 days ago - to no avail - after going through the proceedure and waiting for the restore - same message appears - and I cannot continue with restore.
Up until now I don't generally experience any problems with my laptop.
I am wondering if Google have sneaked in an update during the last few days without me noticing which has caused this problem.
Any helpful info would be very much appreciated - but could you please keep it simple as this is all I understand - thanks very much...........

Graphicool1 15:38 16 Apr 09
  xania 15:59 16 Apr 09

I think they have done something. My wife has a Googlemail account and this simply freezes that machine every time she logs on - no oter effect so its not the PC and its not IE - it must be Google. Also, I have a Gmail account and I got some unusual messages about changing from standard view to basic HTML view, and I now notice that you can swap between the current version and the older version.

Sandy03 19:43 16 Apr 09

Thanks guys for your help.
Xania - I too am wondering if it's Google related - not sure what to do to rectify though... although not getting any other messages apart from the one I have mentioned.
Graphicool1 - tried the 'Eye Chart' - and all appears OK - I can see all six images. I have a laptop and a PC - tried test on both - results are the same. I also use google on both but only the laptop has developed the problem.
Any other ideas - anyone..........

xania 08:42 17 Apr 09

click here

As you can see, I'm on the case.

Sandy03 13:18 21 Apr 09

I am using IE7 too with GOOGLE as my home page - I have also deleted all cache and temp history files etc.
I have also removed all GOOGLE related toolbars, desktop icons and short cuts that I can see. I cannot see what else I can remove to rectify. The error is still appearing after boot up - and I am still being kicked out of applications for no reason.
I am not sure on the version I am using but know it not to be 'Chrome' so assume it's an older version.
I use MS outlook for my emails.
I did check the GOOGLE help desk for similar errors unfortunately they were only similar and not the same.
The error message appears before I open IE7 - it appears after boot up.
I would be grateful of any other suggestions.
Thank you.

xania 12:51 27 Apr 09

My information is that Google have now fixed whatever was causing the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…