google and iframes

SDJ 15:22 26 Jun 04

My site has been online for some time now click here and my problem is I dont seem to be on Google even though I have submitted it and also on one occasion paid for submission!

I think I know what my problem is but want to make sure Im not barking up the wrong tree.

I have used iframes and have read that iframes and search engines dont get on! now I learnt how do do my site using a magazine and whilst I am happy with the way it looks, not getting onto Google is a problem for me.

If you say yes that iframes shouldnt be used I then have a problem in where to start to put it right. I guess I could duplicate my photoshop template for each page and insert a text box for my text but just wondered if anyone has any suggestions.

Mainly I need confirmation my thoughts on iframes and my site design is the problem.

Cheers

Forum Editor 16:37 26 Jun 04

hidden links or text in iframes.

To be successful with Google you do need to have a site that is fairly 'straight' - almost to the point of being conservative - in terms of its design features.

One single thing that will improve your chances with Google is having links to your site on other sites. If you have enough of these the Google crawler will find you quite quickly - there's no need to make a submission. If no other site links to yours the crawlers will have a hard time finding it. They may eventually get there, but it will take much longer.

Of prime importance is to get listed by DMOZ
click here, which is staffed by real people. A human being will look at your site and listing by them is crucial, because DMOZ supplies free databases to any search engine or directory that asks. They all do ask, and the DMOZ data is the hidden power behind much of the internet's searching results.

SDJ 10:34 02 Jul 04

Not thanking you for your comments, I posted the thread whilst getting ready to go away and completely forgot about it.

Thanks for your comments, i am now going to site down and re-work my site.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…