Google how do I remove on Firefox

prince midas 19 Jun 11

When I load up Firefox it shows Google search bar across the screen which annoys me,how do I remove it.

johndrew 19 Jun 11

With Firefox open go to 'View/Toolbars' and untick Google.

Zurdo 19 Jun 11

Do you mean the home page is set to Google search? If so you can alter it to whichever page you want as a home page. see link text

prince midas 19 Jun 11

i did as you said but when i click on view it does not have google listed.

prince midas 19 Jun 11

No I have my home page set to blank.I am talking about the big google search in middle of page when I switch on.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19 Jun 11

Tools - Addons - Extensions - click on Google toolbar select uninstall

prince midas 19 Jun 11

Fruit Bat did as you said but in extensions google is not shown so i cannot uninstall it.

prince midas 19 Jun 11

I have now lost both my little google search and the big one and cannot now search the web what do i now do.

Ex plorer 19 Jun 11

Try right click in menu bar next to help if Google is un-ticked re tick from drop down menu.

Zurdo 19 Jun 11

Does your page when you switch on look like either of these? link text

link text

bremner 19 Jun 11

Seems to me that OP has Google.com or .co.uk as their homepage.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message