Google - How can I get Google to be my primary search engine?

Trenny 10:43 AM 23 Oct 12
Answered

Google - How can I get Google to be my primary search engine? At the moment I have ASK, which I do not get along with!Sometimes Babylon comes up.

northumbria61 11:28 AM 23 Oct 12
Answer

Firefox - To Change Default Search in Firefox - In your address bar, type in: “about:config”

Inside of the filter search box, type in:

browser.search.defaultenginename

Double click that entry (or right click and choose “Modify”) and then type in the name of the search engine you wish to have as the default search engine. It must be one that you already have installed and also make sure you type in the name correctly.

Woolwell 11:34 AM 23 Oct 12

You have to be careful with Java updates as unless you untick the box Ask gets installed.

northumbria61 11:34 AM 23 Oct 12

If using Internet Explorer - Tools - Internet Options - General Tab - Home page - Type in http://google.co.uk - Apply - OK

Trenny 19:10 PM 25 Oct 12

Hmm... I am going to keep things as they are. It sounds safer, having read verious other threads online.Thanks for the suggestions, though.

iscanut2 20:15 PM 25 Oct 12

Safer ?? There should not be any problem, you are only changing a search engine.

Northumbria. It is not the home page that is wanted, just to be able to use Google as the search engine.

If using Firefox, just click on the down arrow in the search box top right and you should see various serach engines, just click on the one you want as default. You will also see the option to "Manage Search Engine "

lotvic 20:32 PM 25 Oct 12

..the option to "Manage Search Engine " and click on the one you want and move up to the top so that it is first in the list.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…